June is Men's Health Month. Men have specific health conditions they may be at a greater risk for, and while that's part of the awareness-raising portion of Men's Health Month, it's also a month set aside to remind boys and men of the importance of routine health care, including dental care.
Males tend to delay dental appointments and may not be getting the care they need. According to the American Dental Association:
- Men may neglect their oral health needs for years
- Men are less likely to get routine preventive dental care
- 20.5 percent of men brush their teeth after every meal, compared to 28.7 percent of women
- 49% of men brush their teeth twice a day, compared to 56.8% of women
- For people age 35-44, 29% of men have untreated tooth decay, compared to 25% of women
Proper dental hygiene consists of brushing your teeth 2-3 times a day, flossing daily and visiting the dentist for regular care. Doing so can keep your teeth in tip-top shape, reducing the risk of decay, gum disease, tooth loss and other problems.
Arrange Your Dental Checkup in Aurora
At Aspenwood Dental Associates and Colorado Dental Implant Center, our experienced dentists and team have been serving the greater Denver-area for decades. Wherever you are in your checkup and cleaning schedule, rely on us to provide the care you need. To arrange your appointment, please call us at 303-751-3321.