As you research your cosmetic dentistry options for rejuvenating the health and beauty of your smile, you may be coming across a number of unfamiliar terms. During your complimentary consultation with one of our experienced cosmetic dentists in Aurora, we'll make sure you get all the information you need, but in the meantime, here is a short list of common terminology and meanings:
- Aesthetic: This adjective describes something that is concerned with beauty. You may have come across it when reading about "aesthetically pleasing" results or something similar.
- Bonding: In dentistry, bonding can either refer to the process of joining one thing to another, such as bonding a white filling to your tooth. Another meaning is the dental service known as dental bonding, which is used to repair small chips and cracks.
- Occlusion: This term is the technical word for your "bite," which is the way your upper and lower teeth fit together. Cosmetic dentistry always aims to create beautiful teeth that are also well aligned and optimally functional.
- Prosthesis: A prosthetic device or prosthesis is a replacement tooth or appliance used to replace teeth. Some of the most common prostheses are dental implants, dentures and dental bridges.
- Smile makeover: A makeover is a comprehensive approach to accomplishing your smile goals. Multiple treatments are often planned as part of a smile makeover.
- Veneer: Dental veneers are slim wafers of porcelain or other materials used to place over the front of a tooth, concealing cosmetic flaws like stains, chips and worn edges.
During your personalized consultation, we will be happy to answer any and all questions you have about dental terminology and which cosmetic dental options are a good match for your goals.
To schedule a consultation with an experienced cosmetic dentist in Aurora, Colorado, please contact Aspenwood Dental Associates and Colorado Dental Implant Center to schedule a complimentary consultation.