Aspenwood Dental Associates Attends Implant Dentistry Conference
At Aspenwood Dental Associates, our dentists are committed to continuing education. We want to be on the cutting edge so that we can provide our patients outstanding care and results. As part of our passion for advanced knowledge, Dr. Daniel Zeppelin and Dr. Aaron Sun were pleased to attend the American Academy of Implant Dentistry's annual meeting in San Diego.
The meeting took place October 11-14, 2017. It was the 66th annual conference. Over 1,600 people attended, including a record number of doctors from outside of North America. It was a great opportunity for Dr. Zeppelin and Dr. Sun to:
- Attend continuing education courses
- Learn about cutting-edge implant dentistry research and procedures
- Network with colleagues from around the globe
Dr. Yaros, Dr. Augustine and Dr. Zeppelin are credentialed Associate Fellows of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, and Dr. Sun will soon hold the same credentials.
Dr. Zeppelin's Radio Interview
During the conference, Dr. Zeppelin was interviewed about dental implants. During the interview, which you can listen to below, Dr. Zeppelin touched on several aspects of implant dentistry, including:
- Dental implants look like real teeth
- They aren't dependant on anchoring to other teeth for support, and are instead implanted within the boney ridge beneath the teeth
- You can brush, floss and chew with the dental implant in the same way as your natural teeth
- They can be an option whether you are missing one tooth, multiple teeth or all of your teeth
American Academy of Implant Dentistry Certification
Another issue discussed in the interview is which dentist to choose. Education, skill and training are important implant dentist qualities. However, once you begin searching, you may find that a wide selection of dentists offer dental implants.
As you choose, look for a dentist who has extensive experience with implant dentistry. After all, you probably want someone who knows how to plan for placing the implant or who has handled many different types of cases.
With three of our dentists currently credentialed by the AAID, we'd like to share the requirements they have met:
- Completed at least 300 hours of implant dentistry postdoctoral or continuing education
- Experienced in surgical placement of dental implants and/or placement of the restoration
- Demonstrated competency by passing rigorous written and oral examinations
- Demonstrated competency with real patient cases
- Attended at least one of three consecutive AAID meetings
If you want to learn more about us, we encourage you to give us a call or arrange a free implant consultation at our Aurora office. Our dentists are not only experienced implant dentists; they are also fully committed to individualized treatment plans. We will make sure you know each and every option for replacing your missing teeth.
Arrange a Consultation with Our Experienced Implant Dentists
Please arrange an exam and consultation to find out if you are a good candidate for implant dentistry. You can schedule your FREE implant consultation by calling Aspenwood Dental Associates and Colorado Dental Implant Center at 720-400-8546. We are located in Aurora, Colorado, and proudly serve people from Denver and across the surrounding areas.