Stained, yellowed teeth are exceptionally common. Just about everyone experiences some discoloration, in large part, because so many foods and beverages can cause teeth stains. Fortunately, teeth whitening provided by our experienced cosmetic dentists can restore and rejuvenate your smile. To learn more, please call our team in Aurora at 303-751-3321.
How We Whiten Your Teeth
At Aspenwood Dental Associates and Colorado Dental Implant Center, we offer two different ways to whiten your teeth:
- In-office teeth whitening performed by our dental team. Philips Zoom® whitening is completed at our office in about one hour. A barrier is placed on the gum tissue to prevent the whitening agent from coming into contact with the gums and surrounding tissues. The whitening gel is then applied to the surfaces of your teeth and left on for 20 minutes. At that time, the gel is removed. Most patients will undergo 2 to 3 applications depending on the base color and the sensitivity level of their teeth. In-office whitening agents are stronger than the take home agents which allow for beautiful results in a shorter amount of time. You'll leave our office with your whitened smile ready to show off. It can be the perfect option if you are getting ready for a wedding, job interview, retirement party or another event where you want to look and feel your best.
- Customized take-home whitening trays. If you are not overly concerned with getting results in one hour, you may opt for take-home whitening trays. We take impressions of your teeth in order to fabricate the custom trays. You are then provided with a kit containing the appropriate whitening gel and instructed how to place small beads of gel in the trays. After about two weeks of wearing them for the specified time each day, your teeth will be brilliantly white.
We will make sure you know all of the options available to you. With the in-office whitening option, a take-home tray is made to touch up your results periodically.
Teeth whitening may be a component of a smile makeover, which is a multi-faceted, multi-treatment approach to rejuvenating your smile.
Teeth Whitening Candidates
Most people who want to whiten their smiles are good candidates for this treatment. If you have gum or tooth sensitivity, our dentists will discuss which whitening treatment may work best for you.
Professional teeth whitening eliminates even the toughest stains. And you can rest assured each tooth is evenly whitened, which can sometimes be an issue with grocery store whitening kits.
Teeth stains have a variety of causes:
- Certain foods, including berries, soy sauce, tomato sauce, curry sauce and beets
- Certain beverages, including black coffee, tea, red and white wine, soda and sports drinks
- The aging process, which causes enamel to thin
- Poor dental hygiene
- Dental decay or failing restorations
Good dental hygiene is certainly important to prevent tooth decay, but it can also keep your teeth white. Professional teeth whitening can produce a shade of white you cannot achieve with dental hygiene alone.
Why Choose Our Aurora Dentists?
At Aspenwood Dental Associates and Colorado Dental Implant Center, our experienced dentists are driven by providing state-of-the-art treatments and friendly care. We make sure you know all of your options for your goals, instead of applying a one-size-fits all solution to your treatment plan. We want you to feel empowered to choose from your dental options.
To arrange a free initial consultation to discuss teeth whitening with our dentists in Aurora, please call our team at 303-751-3321. Our patients visit us from across the area, including Denver and the surrounding suburbs.