A gorgeous, captivating smile is easier to attain than you may realize. Porcelain veneers make over your smile within just a couple appointments at our Denver-area office. These thin, realistic shells of porcelain look just like the surface of a natural tooth, except they are flawless.
- Porcelain Veneers Candidates
- Advantages of Porcelain Veneers
- Proper Veneer Maintenance
- Choosing a Dentist for Your Veneers
- Common Veneer Questions
- Your FREE Consultation in Aurora
Porcelain veneers address a wide array of cosmetic dental problems, including:
- Chipped teeth
- Stained teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Worn teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Rotated teeth
- Short teeth
- Small teeth
Porcelain veneers are a good option if you want a minimally invasive, long-term answer to cosmetic dental problems. The placement of veneers takes only one or two appointments.
Because this type of cosmetic dentistry is versatile and minimally invasive, most people are good candidates for porcelain veneers. The only way to be sure is to visit us for an evaluation. Our dentists will also examine your teeth and gums for any signs of decay or other dental disease. Those issues would need to be treated before applying veneers.
All treatments recommended by our dentists have the goal of improving both dental health and smile aesthetics. We believe one does not really exist without the other.
If you decide veneers are right for you, there are several benefits:
- Natural appearance. Porcelain veneers are designed to look just like natural teeth, but without any of the stains or imperfections that can affect natural teeth. Their luster, sheen and wide range of shades lend to this realistic appearance.
- Durable material. The veneer material is very strong. It resists chipping and breaking, although it's not impossible for that to occur. Take care with your veneers just as you do your natural teeth. Wear a mouth guard if you play sports, and don't chew on ice cubes or open packages with your teeth.
- Stain-resistant. The material is not only durable but also color-stable. It will resist stains over the years, although it's important to practice good dental hygiene to further reduce the risk of stains (and cavities!).
- Instant orthodontic effect. You may have heard the phrase "instant orthodontics," which really just means porcelain veneers. This nickname comes from their ability to immediately create the appearance of straight, symmetrical teeth without braces. Of course, some cases of crooked teeth still require braces to correct, but our dentists can determine which options are available to you.
While these are the general advantages of teeth veneers, it is not an exhaustive list and it cannot predict whether they will benefit you. Our experienced dentists first want to listen to you to understand the changes you want to see. We can determine if veneers or other cosmetic treatments are capable of creating the smile of your dreams.
Another benefit of veneers is that they do not require any special care other than these hygiene basics:
- Brush twice daily
- Floss once daily
- Visit the dentist for regular checkups and cleanings
Although the actual porcelain itself cannot decay, you can still develop cavities on any exposed tooth enamel, including the area where the edge of the veneer ends. That is why it is important to keep up a great dental hygiene routine.
To further enhance the ability of veneers to resist discoloration, you may want to consider limiting how often you drink soda and sports drinks, which are known to cause stain. Red wine and tea also fall into this category, and you can reduce their effect by rinsing your mouth with water after drinking them. You may wish to whiten your teeth before getting veneers, and then the shade of veneer will be matched to your brighter, whiter teeth.
At Aspenwood Dental Associates and Colorado Dental Implant Center, our cosmetic dentists have all of the characteristics you should look for when considering porcelain veneers:
- Materials used
- Commitment to your best results
Aspenwood Dental Associates first opened its doors in 1972. Our patients are at the core of what we do every day, and we believe our patients are our friends. These values are what drive our dentists to create smiles our patients love.
Can I get veneers if I grind my teeth while I sleep? Some people experience a condition known as bruxism, which means grinding your teeth. Bruxism often occurs while a person is sleeping, but it can arise during the day as well. Stress is sometimes a contributing factor. If you have bruxism, talk to our dentists to find out if veneers will work for you. Grinding may wear down or damage veneers, but our dentists can determine if there is a way to prevent it.
How much do veneers cost? The cost of veneers varies, depending mainly on how many veneers are used. We determine the cost at the time of your consultation, and are happy to help with any payment and financing options.
How long will my veneers last? Longevity is variable. Good dental hygiene and healthy habits (such as not chewing ice cubes and wearing a mouth guard if you play sports) can extend the life of the veneers.
What is the process to have them placed? The process is quite simple and can be completed in 2 appointments at our office. The veneers are bonded to your teeth painlessly and relatively quickly. Once placed, the veneers are finalized and you will leave our office with your bright, beautiful smile ready to share.
How are veneers different from dental bonding? Bonding is a tooth colored material that is sculpted onto the teeth and then cured with a special light. The veneers are a ceramic material. They are fabricated outside the mouth and then bonded to the teeth.
Will I ever be able to replace them? Yes, porcelain veneers can be removed and replaced. After a decade or so, you may decide you want to freshen the color or appearance of the veneers. Or if a chip or breakage does eventually occur, a replacement may be desirable.
Ready to find out if porcelain veneers are the right way to improve your smile? To arrange a free initial consultation in Aurora, please call Aspenwood Dental Associates and Colorado Dental Implant Center at 303-751-3321. We have proudly provided veneers to people from across Denver, Centennial and the surrounding areas for many years.